The 234 Student of the Year Award is a national program designed to recognize, reward and support college students of Nigerian descent who exhibit excellent leadership potential and positively impact their community while also embodying the mission and vision of PR2J3C4. This award program was established because of the need to recognize a younger generation of Nigerian students making a difference at the collegiate level and in their communities despite the negative stereotypes associated with Nigerians. This award program is accepting applications now until July 15th, 2016 and the eventual winner will receive a tuition assistance contribution of $1,000.
This is the inaugural 234 Student of the Year Award. The goal of this Award is to identify:
- The Top 10 college students of Nigerian descent in the United States that promote the vision and mission of the234project
- The Most Distinguished student to be awarded the 234 Student of the Year.
- Recognition Plaque to commemorate the achievement
- 234 Top 10 Student Award + $1000 Scholarship
- An undergraduate student of Nigerian descent
- Currently enrolled at an accredited U.S. College/University with a minimum of 30 Credit Hours
- Currently carrying a minimum of 3.25 GPA
Here are a few items to gather that can help you get ready for your application
- Most Recent College Electronic Transcripts (applicant must have a GPA of 3.25)
- 2-3 min video about yourself and how and why you exemplify the mission of The 234 Project
- Candidate Profile and Picture (150 words or less)
- Essay on 2 – 3 ways you can impact Nigeria (400 words or less)