Year of Creation
October 1, 1996
Size of State
18,768 sq km
Other Major Town(s)
Kaltungo, Shomgom, Yamatu/Deba, Balanga, and Kwami
Major Ethnic Group(s)
Hausa and Fulani
Fulfulde, Hausa, Tangale and Waja
Tropical climate marked by two distinct seasons; the dry season (November – March) and the wet season (April – October)
- Gombe State was formed in October 1996 from part of the old Bauchi State by the Abacha military government.
- Located in the north eastern zone the state shares borders with Borno,Yobe, Taraba, Adamawa and Bauchi
- Natural Resources: Uranium, Gypsum, and Limestone.
This contains a famous Tangle Dome shaped rock formation.
- Balanga Dam
- Dadunkawa Dam
- The Famous Tangale Dome Shaped Rock/Hill Formation
- Dadin Kowa Dam/Tomatoes Factory & Farms (Man-made)
- BubaYero Tomb